I use my mobile phone (iPAQ rw6828) as my podcast/music/audiobook device.
Why? Because of push buttons.
With the buttons on the phone I can:
- play/pause and stop the track
- skip forward (great for skipping those interminable twit ads).
- skip back (to re-listen to a bit drowned out by traffic noise on my walks.
- go to previous/next track
- control the volume
- go to the next playlist (to alternate between music/podcasts/audiobooks)
- Toggle the touchscreen on and off
The volume/play/pase/stop/next track/previous track I can also do from my bluetooth headset.
I do have an iPod Touch but it isn’t my main podcast device because you have to fiddle with it too much to do much of the above. I am especially annoyed with the Touch bluetooth support that doesn’t include previous/next functions. Hopefully this will be fixed in a subsequent release.
My the way, the phone runs Windows Mobile OS and the great MortPlayer application
(Photo by williamli1983)